Combine theory and practice with our hands-on Naturopathy course.
Naturopathy aims to restore vitality through supporting and stimulating the body’s own healing mechanisms. Naturopathy today occupies an important and prominent role in the contemporary health-care system with a rich history dating back thousands of years. Health, from a naturopathic perspective, involves the capacity to maintain optimal order and function of the body (homeostasis) and is an outcome of a healthy mind, body, spirit and environment. A modern scientific approach is applied with the ‘power of nature’ to recognise the ability of the body to overcome disease. A SSNT trained Naturopath can clinically assess, diagnose and treat patients through the use of herbal medicine, homoeopathy, nutritional and lifestyle advice.
This four-year Bachelor of Health Science naturopathy degree is approved by the National Australian accreditation body TEQSA (Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency) and is the highest level of naturopathic training available in Australia and provides a holistic clinical environment, where you will be trained how to stimulate the body’s natural recuperative powers and maintain health and wellbeing.
Our four year Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) degree is:
- The highest level of naturopathic training available in Australia (AQF level 7)
- Taught in a holistic clinical environment
- Recognised nationally
- Government accredited (FEE-help eligible)
This course meets the professional standards of the following industry associations:
- ANTA (Australian Natural Therapists Association)
- NHAA (National Herbalists Association of Australia)
Students may also be eligible to join:
- PHAA (Public Health Association of Australia)
- AIMA (Australian Integrative Medicine Association)
- ACNEM (Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine)
- HPAA (Health Promotion Association of Australia)
- NA (Nutrition Australia)
Career Prospects: An SSNT Naturopathy degree creates many career paths including Private practice, Complementary and multi modality clinics, Community programs, Health retreats and day spas, Education, Consultancy, Research, Health promotion, Product development, Corporate health consultancy, Writing for health journals, textbooks and media
What you'll learn:
- Biological and social sciences
- Naturopathic and clinical studies
- Alongside study in nutritional medicine
- Western herbal medicine
- Flower essences and homeopathy